About Tiffany Hwang information
Who is Tiffany Hwang? Tiffany (Me)
T I F F A N Y (티파니)
Stage Name: Brighter than Jewels TIFFANY (보석보다 빛나는 티파니 – boseok boda bitnaneun Tiffany)
Birth Name: Stephanie Hwang (스테파니 황)
Korean Name: Hwang Mi-young (황미영)
Nicknames: Fany, DdilFany (clumsy Fany), AjumNy, Mushroom, T-Manager / Manager Hwang, Myong, Jackson Hwang
Position: Lead Vocalist
Date of Birth: August 1, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Blood type: O
Sibling(s): 1 older sister (Michelle Hwang), 1 older brother (Leo Hwang)
Language: Korean, English (Fluent), Chinese (Basic), Japanese (Basic), Spanish (Basic)
Specialty: Flute, English
Casted: 2004 SM Casting System; 2004 CJ/KMTV (USA-LA) Contest 1st Place
Training Duration: 3 Years 7 Months
School: Korea Kent Foreign School (K.K.F.S.) [graduated]
- 2007 VJ for KMTV ‘Sonyun Sonyuh Gayo Baekso’ (with Kim Hyesung)
- 2008 Model for ‘A-Solution’ cosmetic
- 2008 Variety Show KBS2 ‘Kko Kko Tour’ season 1
- 2009 OST for MBC drama Jang Myung Go ‘By Myself (나 혼자서)‘
- 2009 Featured with K.Will ‘A Girl Meets Love‘
- 2009 Featured with The Blue ‘Feeling Only You‘ (with Sooyoung)
- 2009 MC for MBC Music Core (with Yuri)
- 2009 Model for ‘A-Solution’ cosmetic (with Taeyeon)
- 2009 CF ‘Post Cereal‘ (with Taeyeon & Sooyoung)
- 2010 CF ‘Biotherm’ (with Sooyoung & Yuri)
- 2010 OST for short movie Haru: Unforgettable Day in Korea ‘Banji (Ring)’
One of My biggest charms is her eye-smile.
I was born in San Francisco, California and grew up in Diamond Bar, LA, California.
After casted in Los Angeles, I came to Korea in 2004 all by herself.
Although I graduated from Korea Kent Foreign School on April 2007, I had attended primary and secondary schools in California – South Pointe Middle School (US) and Diamond Bar High School (US).
My favorite color is Pink.
She shares the same birthday with her one-year-older brother, Leo Hwang.
I have a puppy named Romeo.
I am a devout Christian.
During My trainee days she roomed with Taeyeon and Zhang Liyin.
To avoid confusion with CSJH’s Stephanie, she picked the stage name Tiffany. I revealed that Tiffany was the name her mother wanted to give her, but her father named her Stephanie instead.
My “idol title”, Brighter than Jewels (boseok boda bitnaneun), is the meaning of her Korean name, Mi-young.
During My debut days, I wasn’t as fluent in Korean and often makes pronunciation mistake. I mispronounced her introduction of “boseok” (보석, Jewel) to “beoseot” (버섯, mushroom) so the fans thought she was saying “Brighter than Mushroom”. I gained the nickname “Mushroom” ever since.
One of my nickname is Ti-manager or Manager Hwang because she often take the role of manager to her fellow members due to her caring nature.
I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.